I made another puppet. Some more foam buildup.
My visual goal was similar to the last one, but I think this method didn't serve this puppet as well as the other. I was fairly worried about it throughout the process, but I think it turned out alright.
With these puppets, I'm trying to minimize texture and focus on simple shapes and bold colors. It worked very well on the previous puppet because I made thin sheets of colored latex and then "clothed" the puppet. When simply applying latex in layers, as with this frog's skin, texture control is a lot more difficult.
I used the "latex sheet" method for the backpack, and it was DELIGHTFUL. It would be hard for me to express how much I enjoy the process. If I make another puppet in this family, I think I'll try for a more elaborate costume.